Monday, August 8, 2011

Learning Log 6

After learning about the literary devices, I find it very hard and challenging to master it, because I have learnt many different kinds of devices, and yet, I have to memorize them all. There are also some devices that I do not really understand or to use them in the correct way. Some of the literary devices includes Auditory, Simile, Olfactory and more. Even though I find it hard to master them, but they are very interesting to me as most of them are very new to me. Among most of the devices, I find the advanced literary devices hardest to master as I do not understand most of the devices and it is hard to identify the devices at times. I am also taught how to identify literary devices in prose or poetry, but frankly speaking, I do not really know how to identify them as there are so many literary devices in a single poetry or prose, and even if I could identify them, without the help of the teacher, I could not answer the questions asked about the devices as I am still new to it and do not have much practice on how to deal with the questions asked. But overall, even though it is challenging, I find it a fun and enjoyable process as I get to learn lots of new things that I have never learnt before and I like it when the poetry or prose are rather in depth as they puts me into thinking.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment