Sunday, July 31, 2011

Learning Log 5

William Shakespeare
I have learnt that an unseen poem or prose is one text that we might have not seen or read before. After reading the whole piece of paper, I realised that answering the questions about the unseen poem or prose is very challenging because, my standard of English is not very good, hence, I find answering the questions tough for me as I have to do lots of elaboration. At first, I thought that unseen poem or prose poses no challenge to me at all as I have done unseen poetry when I was in Secondary 1. But when I read the paper, I realised that there are many importants things and factors to look out for, for example, you have to master how to organise your points well, look out for words that are challanging or draws one's attention, ensuring that you phrase the correct quotes, a very insightful reponse, to read the text deeply, look beyond the text, and many more. But overall, I find the contents of the paper mostly difficult to understand, perhaps because I have not tired to do an unseen poem before. Moreover, I do not understand how to use the techniques mentioned in the paper, as I have not learnt some of those. I really hope that Mrs Woo could teach and elaborate more on the contents of the paper, best if we could apply what we will be learning onto the unseen poem worksheet, soon.
                  

1 comment:

  1. Not to worry Zi Ying. It might seemed to be a litle confusing now but after a few rounds of practices in class, I'm sure you can understand how to master the unseen prose / poem more confidently. Meanwhile, happy learning:)

    ReplyDelete