Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Learning Log 3

When Mrs Woo told the class that we are going to do a worksheet on something related to prediction, the first thing that comes to my head is, ''Why are we doing things that are not related to Macbeth at all, it is such a waste of our time!'' But I do not have a choice, because only the teacher have the say, hence, we form into our groups and discuss about what should we write on the worksheet. The fact is, actually, I have seen the fortune teller for a quite number of times. During Chinese New Year every year, a fortune teller will come to my grandmother house and he will talk to everyone in the family about us, for example, this year, he said that nothing bad or good will happen to me, just that I am bad tempered and sort of rebellious, which I can't help but to agree. He also said that my studies are average, which sort of disappoint me. Okay, so now, back to the main topic. As my other group members, Daniel, Chor Mui and Elisa, claimed to say that they have not been brought to a fortune teller before, hence, we can only make up some stories about them getting predicted on their future. But, if you were to ask me if I believe in such things, my answer would be a yes, because I the fortune teller that comes to my grandmother house every year, predicted that things will happen on me or some other things, and usually, it is true, hence, causing me to believe in such things. During the sharing of on the topic, prediction, I found it interesting because most of them were able to say some interesting stuffs, maybe because not much of them have seen a fortune teller or not much people predicted their future before, hence, they are able to put in much creativity into it. In the end of the entire lesson, only then, I am able to understand why Mrs Woo asked us to do the worksheet, it is because in Macbeth, there are three witches that predicted that Macbeth will become the Thane of Cawdor, then the king, then soon, the first prediction of the witches came true for the king promoted Macbeth to be the Thane of Cawdor, and so on. In total, I find the whole lesson interesting and I hope that there will be more of such lessons.                                                                             
      

No comments:

Post a Comment