Thursday, April 21, 2011

Learning Log 4

 During the whole process, I learnt that time management is the most important thing you need to have. During the preparation, we had to do everything in two days as some of our members had SYF competition, so, it was hard to arrange a time for all of us to do the project, some had to go for family outings and some had tution and much more, hence, the time for us to do the props was not much. Secondly, teamwork is also as important too. Acting is not about how well you can perform as one, it is about how well you can perform as a group, no matter how well one can perform, it will never be a great performance if the others did not perform up to standard. Lastly, understanding is also important. It is not just about the understanding of the script, it is also about how well you understand your group members and how you can be understanding towards your group members. This was also one of the difficulties my group had faced. During the face day of the preparation, our group could not agree upon some of the things that I mentioned, which was the make up on the paint, for I said that I wanted to paint our face, but another group member of mine said that it is disgusting, the three of us had an arguement about this matter, and we ended it off by saying that we will discuss it the next time round we see each other. The next time round, when I meet up with them again, we decided to just do a quick briefing on what to do on the actual day as we had already prepared the props. Again we argue over this matter, in the end, we end off by saying that we do not apply any make up on our faces, and we all agreed it unwillingly. I had to admit that we did not really understand each other that well and none of us tried to understand each other hence leading to the result whereby we do not put any makeup on our faces. During the performance on the actual day, I was rather disapointed with what I saw, because most of the groups did not had much props or costumes and some even did not even care about it, they simply just went up to the stage to deliver their speech, which was shocking as I was thinking, that is going to be graded, are they going to simply just do their presentation like that? But of course, by saying that, I am not saying that my group done that well, I have to admit that my delivering of the speech was horrible as I kept rubbing my nose as I spoke, which is not very good, among all of the groups in the morning, I am most impressed with Mieko's group as her group really put in lots of effort into it, they did their props nicely and there is even a background which was nicely done. As for the afternoon performance, I did not get a chance to see it as I was away for SYF, but I believe they did a better job as I saw their props which was nicely done.


                                                                        
                                                                                               
                                                                  

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the disagreements and quarrels that had happened amongst your group members. It was indeed unfortunate but I guess the three of you did learnt something after the performance. A word of advice - just do what you think is right and do inform the teacher in charge if you face similar problems again. After all, your grades will be affected at the end of the day, right? Anyway, cheer up and look forward to the next performance:)

    ReplyDelete